2011/06/08

Salad Udon

This is today's lunch, Salad Udon. Udon is a type of thick noodle made from wheat. It is popular especially in western Japan. It is usually served chilled in the summer and hot in the winter. Today it is so wet that I 'd like to eat something cold and flavor with spices. I put several condiments typical for Japanese cuisine; Myouga, Tade, Shiso and Kaiwaredaikon on noodles. I will describe them on the next entry.

There are many kinds of topping and each has proper name. For example, udon topped with Aburaage is called Kitsune-udon. Kitsune means a fox and the name is derived from the Japanese folktale in which a fox likes Aburaage, deep-fried tofu. Udon topped with raw egg is called Tsukiki-udon. Tsukimi means a moon-viewing and the name coms from comparing a raw egg yolk to moon.

Forgetting to say, I sometimes prepare Salad udon for bento. I put sauce for udon on it just before eating.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire